- Do we need regular treatment of gums?
- Is scaling/cleaning of teeth necessary at regular intervals?
- Is deep cleaning of gums using flap surgery a good option?
- Why does my mouth give a bad smell?
- My gums bleed when I brush, is it normal?
These are very common questions that we get on a daily basis is our practice. Patients are scared that getting their teeth cleaned will lead to either weakening or loss of tooth layer.
However in reality this is a very common misconception. Dental cleaning always keeps the gums in a healthy state and removes the dirt and food that accumulates on teeth with time.
Sometimes when the patient comes with the complain of bleeding gums we do need to perform a minor surgical procedure called flap surgery in which we clean the surface of the root as well as the surrounding bone. This in turn leads to healthier gums and increases the longevity of teeth.
We at Face Kraft Dental implant clinic use a German made ultrasonic scaler which is the best in its category. It cleans the teeth in no time and works only on the dirt and food that has accumulated around the teeth making the treatment completely painless.